There is some hope on the horizon for California’s manufacturing sector. The recently released Economic Forecast by the Anderson Center for Economic Research at Chapman University expects the California manufacturing economy to grow slightly faster during Q2 2015 than it did during Q1. The California Composite Index of 61.2 is the highest reading in the past eight quarters. However, The Orange County Index actually declined from 62.6 to 58.4 and, for the first time in eight quarters, the CA Index to exceed Orange County.
- Commodity prices are rising faster.
- Supplier deliveries are faster.
- New Orders increasing faster.
- Employment growth is at a slower pace.
- Durable goods industries slightly stronger than non-durables.