At The Hampton Group, we utilize a Strategic Execution Process and web-based tool called KeyneLinkTM to enable organizations to “close the gap” between their targeted Strategic Plan and actual Execution.
I am often asked by Clients…
“What happens if I don’t have Approved Responsibilities and Goals before my first Progress Meeting with my Manager? Nothing shows up on the Meeting Pre-Score Wizard.”
While the Responsibilities and Goals may not show up on the Progress Meeting Report if they are not Submitted and Approved, there is always “something” on the Progress Meeting Report.
- Initiatives: Employees always have the opportunity to provide feedback on the Organization’s Initiatives. Getting their feedback at the start of the year to ensure employees understand and are on board with the Initiatives is critical. This also shapes the development of Goals.
- Core Behaviors: Is the Employee following the Organization’s Core Behaviors needed to maintain a High-Performing Team?
- Feedback for Manager: This free-form text box allows the Employee to note items for discussion during the Progress Meeting…perhaps ask for clarification on a proposed Responsibility or Goal.
- Working Relationship: This free-form text box stimulates the Employee or Manager to bring up items that will help their Working Relationship with their Manager. Maybe the employee would like to meet more frequently to review an Employee Development issue. Perhaps the Manager would like the Employee to do a better job of communication and follow up on critical projects.
- Any other Topics: This free-form text box is the catch-all for any other items the Employee or Manager believe need to be discussed.
Don’t let concerns about filling in information in the software trouble you… remember the intent of the underlying process.
Conversations cause Clarity. Clarity drives Action. Action produces Results.
Taking the time to have the critical conversation at the beginning of the year to clarify how the Employee can impact the Organization’s Initiatives will set them on the path to success.